Fabrication of production assemblies used in the production plant that meet the Company's and PCI's requirements a certified welder.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates forklifts, welders, all shears and punches, drill presses, and band saws
- Builds and sets up own jigs
- Perform welding tasks that meet the welding requirements established by the Company and PCI
- Ability to read basic blueprints
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch
****Must pass post-offer drug screen and physical assessment.
*****Start is $20/hr.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb onto forms and trailer beds
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read steel orders, blueprints, and be able to communicate with other members of the crew
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift. (Wells will train)
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways. (Wells will train)
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer beds (approximately waist high)
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Lifting to 75 lbs. occasionally
- High School Diploma or GED
- Welding certification preferred
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.