Travel Lift Operators – Nights
HIRING IMMEDIATELY FOR EXPERIENCED/CERTIFIED TRAVEL LIFT OPERATOR
Travel Lift Operator---responsible for locating and moving production materials from production plant to yard storage. Will fulfill shipping requirements on a daily basis. Operator will ensure that all employees working around this equipment are not exposed to preventable accidents. This individual will conduct daily physical inspections of the equipment and its rigging. This is a union position Must pass a physical/drug screen All benefits are paid by the company including PTO/Holidays/Health/Dental/Vision/STD-LTD $19 to start depending on experience
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct daily visual inspection of this equipment to ensure it is in good working condition.
- Understand rigging procedures and be knowledgeable in rigging equipment capacities.
- Climbing up and down from this equipment and from form surfaces.
- Working with hand tools such as cut off saws, grinders, drills, etc.
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch.
- Overhead crane-way experience.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift.
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways.
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer beds. - Must be able to lead a team with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.