Travel Lift Operators
HIRING IMMEDIATELY TO TRAIN Once certified under the Wells program pay will increase from/to- Day shift $18.00 to $23.00/HR Night shift $19.00 to $24.00/HR plus shift differential of $1.00 for a total of $25.00/HR ****UNION POSITION*** ****CONTINGENT ON PASSING A PHYSICAL/DRUG SCREEN***
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for locating and moving production materials from production plant to yard storage.
- Will fulfill shipping requirements daily.
- Operator will ensure that all employees working around this equipment are not exposed to preventable accidents.
- This individual will conduct daily physical inspections of the equipment and its rigging.
- Complete special projects as requested and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Conduct daily visual inspection of equipment to ensure it is in good working condition.
- Understand rigging procedures and be knowledgeable in rigging equipment capacities.
- Working with hand tools such as cut off saws, grinders, drills, etc.
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch.
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers in order to get the projects completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer beds.
- Lift/carry up to 70 lbs. frequently
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.