Teaching Specialist, Communication Studies: Media Production, Non-Tenure Track, Starts September 1, 2024
Position Title: Teaching Specialist, Communication Studies: Media Production, Non-Tenure Track, Starts September 1, 2024
State: New Jersey
Categories: School of Arts & Humanities
Employment Type: Faculty Full-time
Post Date: 2023-11-07
Campus Location: Main Campus (Galloway)
Department: School of Arts and Humanities
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package
Work Hours: Varies
Brief Job Overview/Summary
The Communication Studies program at Stockton University invites applications for a full-time (10-month) Non-Tenure Track Position (NTTP) in Media Production with specialization in Audio Production to begin September 1, 2024.
Descriptions of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
The Media Production Teaching Specialist position requires:
• The ability to teach courses in Communication Studies including, but not limited to, Audio I, Podcasting, Media Measurement, Sports Broadcasting, and Media Production Internship (WLFR Radio Station). Additional teaching contributions in the Communications Studies core curriculum may include Introduction to Mass Communication, Media Aesthetics, and Writing for the Media.
• Knowledge of current production trends, including the use of audio equipment and editing software.
• The ability to teach courses using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Audition, on MAC platform.
• The workload is equivalent to 32 teaching credit hours (eight courses) per year, including the WLFR Internship.
• A minimum of a Master's Degree in Media Production, Communication, or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the collegiate level.
• Membership/Participation in educational or industry organizations in Audio Production or a related field.
• Demonstrated excellence in Audio Production pedagogy and the ability to contribute to curriculum development within the Communication Studies program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in course and curriculum development in Audio Production within a Communication Studies program.
• Demonstrated practical audio production experience and expertise.
• The ability to use a variety of educational technologies appropriate to the field.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications received by (insert date below in Job Posting after clicking Generate Description) will receive full consideration.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit https://employment.stockton.edu or click the "Apply" button. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the online application and include three professional references in addition to the following required documents. All required documents (Microsoft Word of PDF) must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- Teaching philosophy statement (1 page)
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Scholarship plans and research capabilities (1 page)