Software Product Manager
Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world's most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Hydroid is seeking a software product manager to lead the definition and implementation of software architecture and integrated product design strategy on Hydroid's product portfolio.
- Define, staff, and execute Hydroid's software product roadmap
- Define and implement software architectures focused on scalability, extensibility, testability, and ease of maintenance
- Define and implement a seamless end-to-end software design process that accelerates development and release
- Standardize Hydroid's Integrated Development Environment to consolidate workflows for maximum development efficiency
- Define and implement best-practice software test and validation practices
- Deploy embedded and application software products in accordance with Hydroid's software product roadmap
- Inspire, manage and mentor a team of software engineers
- Plan and allocate software development resources
- Through employee development and hiring, build a world-class, motivated product team
- Proactively manage and status product development budgets
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- 10+ years of software development experience in an enterprise software environment.
- 4-6 years of experience building software products and platforms.
- 4-6 years of management experience in developing commercial software, with proven ability to manage multiple development teams.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, understand and help resolve issues promptly
- Deep knowledge of open architecture concepts and architectures
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Standard (DDS) publish/subscribe middleware and implementation
- Excellent understanding of System & Software architecture & design processes
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Implement and provide API/SDK usage standards, training and technical documentation to enable 3 rd party software development.
- Prior complex autonomous systems and/or maritime industry experience preferred
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don't forget to check us out here!