The robotics programmer will use Revit, AutoCAD and CIM-Tech software to draw and convert files for CNC cutting. CAD Technician I will assist on project logistics and production tickets as necessary to ensure project deadlines are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses Revit, AutoCAD and CIM-Tech to make cutting files for the CNC machine
- Make cutting files for CNC for cutting plywood, plastic and foam for all production panels being produced
- Chooses and programs the correct cutting tool for the job
- Revises drawings as necessary
- Troubleshoots CNC programming issues during the manufacturing process
- Communicates with the CNC machine operator to verify and improve cutting files
- Communicates between departments to avoid project delays
- Creates individual pour sheets for Production to produce each piece needed
- Works closely with the BIM collaboration group to generate drawings and understand the upstream processes
- Calculates quantity and material takeoffs
- Orders wood, insulation, plastic and other material according to what is needed for each project
- Completes special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
- Enters Data for Concrete Vision (ERP System) as directed
- Draw electrical pour tickets for production
Robotics programmer will directly report to the Site Production Manager of the CNC machine location. Assignments will be issued by the Site Production Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- General math skills and ability to read blue prints and plans
- Basic understanding of general construction practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow project schedules
- 2 weeks on-site Wells Concrete training
- Motivation and self-drive required to complete a task
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Revit, CIM-Tech Microsoft Office and other computer software programs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and able to work on more than one project at once
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 years of working or studying robotics
- 2-4 year drafting degree preferred
- Working conditions are a general office environment and exposure to the production environment
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.