This position provides Quality Engineering support to Parkway Products production and to Parkway Products Project Engineering Teams regarding quality issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods and analysis, and regulatory issues. Manages the quality and regulatory aspects of mold and assembly qualification from initial customer contact, through project development, to ongoing manufacturing support. The position is largely self-directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide support to project development teams regarding quality issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods and analysis, and regulatory issues.
- Review and interpret customer drawings and specifications for manufacturing feasibility and measurement capability.
- Communicate with customers to understand and define their quality requirements. Negotiate requirements when appropriate.
- Use designed experiments and FMEA techniques to identify robust processes and to improve existing ones.
- Obtain, verify, analyze, and present necessary measurement data to evaluate conformance to specification and to prove process capability.
- Includes oversight of measurement service providers to assure accuracy and correct interpretation. Conduct statistical studies of process capability and process control, and provide recommendations to product and process engineers on how to achieve capability.
- Creates and maintains control plans for new and old acquisition projects, and production product. Includes specifying process-control and inspection criteria, and selecting measurement techniques.
- Identify the need for custom gauges and gauge systems, obtain and qualify them, and when required, manage their design and construction.
- For automotive applications, assure that the mold and process approval process conforms with AIAG requirements including generation of a PPAP package and compliance with TS 16949. For Aerospace - Compliance with AS-9100 and AS-9102
May be called upon to assist, train, or direct the efforts of Quality Personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
Satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
And/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
Disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline.
- 5-7 years experience in the Quality Engineering/Assurance Field with at least 2 years experience with plastic injection molding and a minimum of 2 years experience in applying SPC techniques
- TS 16949, AS-9100, ISO or automotive/aerospace quality systems experience.
- Internal auditing of quality and environmental systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint).
- Statistical Process Control - variable and attribute charting, capability studies
- Minitab experience a plus.
- DCC CMM Programming (PDMIS) Required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
ASQ certification preferred.
*Short and Long Term Disability
*401K (with match!)