Production Maintenance Supervisor
MSA, The Safety Company
Production Maintenance Supervisor
Job ID: 2020-4257
# of Openings: 1
Category: Operational Excellence
Mine Safety Appliances, LLC
We are seeking a dynamic, hands-on Production Maintenance Supervisor with strong electrical/mechanical aptitude and leadership abilities to join our team. While reporting to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to lead the maintenance department and support our continuous improvement initiatives in our ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facility. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
- Demonstrate leadership through vision and values. Prioritize team's daily activities with an emphasis on associate safety first, product quality and equipment effectiveness. Maintain attendance program to ensure adequate levels of resource availability. Guide associates in the pursuit of skills and training required for industry leading performance and personal development.
- Collaborate with EHS Specialist and plant leadership team to complete projects and tasks to maintain OSHA compliance and plant safety initiatives (LOTO, Equipment Risk Analysis, etc). Coordinate Emergency Response Management activities for the site and manage relationships with local response agencies as applicable. Actively promote behavior-based safety practices and ensure vendor adherence to the Plant Contractor Safety Program.
- Manage machine downtime tracking program and establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive high performance throughout the team. Lead plant resources to improved levels of proactive maintenance and minimize levels of reactive maintenance.
- Demonstrate daily, the ability to actively promote and utilize root cause analysis principles/techniques leading to effective issue resolution and asset utilization. Work cross functionally with Manufacturing Engineering team to escalate top issues and identify corrective measures.
- Manage preventive maintenance activities for established production equipment.
- Facilitate communications and expectations between maintenance team and operations on a daily basis.
- Provide on-call support for after-hours operations as needed.
- Support production equipment capital needs/justifications and contribute to preparing multi-year capital equipment plan that is reviewed on an annual basis.
- Support the site business continuity plan to minimize unplanned disruptions and downtime
- Utilize MSA Operating System to facilitate daily meetings, monitor department performance, track key actions. Lead adoption of facility Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships with associates at all organizational levels, both inside and outside the Jacksonville plant.
- Plan and support the development of individuals' skills and abilities so they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate a strong safety mindset/leadership style
- Ability to coach and develop others and build and foster solid working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, solve technical problems, lead projects, and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Highly engaged and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently and follow projects through to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including formal presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and team-building skills.
- Experience and understanding with Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, EHS initiatives, TPM, OEE, SAP, Microsoft, MS Project , MP2.
Education and experience required:
This position is available at three different career levels based upon education, experience etc.
Level one and two:
- Associate's Degree in related field or educational academic equivalent.
- Two years of supervisory or leadership experience in a maintenance or military setting may be substituted for an Associate's Degree.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or educational academic equivalent.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferably in a technical discipline such as engineering.
- Masters Degree or Certification for level three
- 1 year supervisory or leadership experience
- 2 years working experience in a maintenance role
- 2 years supervisory or leadership experience
- 3 years working experience in a maintenance role
- 3 years supervisory or leadership experience (this can include Group Leader experience).
- 4 years working experience in a maintenance role.
Level one, two and three:
- Related military experience may be substituted for up to 2 years of supervisory and/or work experience.
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion,
gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition,
or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know.Contact Us MSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.