SCHU INDUSTRIES PROVIDES FURNITURE THAT COMFORTS GENERATIONS OF FAMILIES THROUGH OUR WORK IN HOSPITALITY, LONG TERM CARE, EDUCATION AND RETAIL. WE ARE THE BRAND OF CHOICE FOR THE PROFESSIONALS IN OUR CORE MARKETS AND STRIVE TO BE A TOP EMPLOYER OF CHOICE. COME JOIN A TEAM FOCUSED ON GROWTH, BOTH IN SALES AND IN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create innovative wood-based case good designs, for Healthcare, Hospitality, Contract and Point of Purchase fields.
- Collaborate with customers and the sales team to develop new product designs and specifications
- interact with manufacturing, customer service, sales and materials management to create customer solutions that are designed for manufacturing.
- Collaborate with sales and estimating to determine best solutions in meeting price points while maintaining desired margin.
- Produce assembly & part drawings, bills of material, routings, and job packets for mfg.
- Optimize material usage and give direction to purchasing on new materials, hardware and vendors
- Work with manufacturing to optimize processes, methods, and product flow
- Value engineer existing product lines for improved margin and manufacturing throughout
- Research new materials and help forecast industry trends
- Participate in kaizen events and in developing a Lean Enterprise
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering / technology or equivalent experience. Wood technology degree is also a strong candidate
- Strong skills in CAD/CAM design, Solid Works required
- General skills in Excel and Access a plus
- Work well in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Lean Enterprise is a plus
- Project management skills are a plus
- Desire to make an impact on a growing company
- Desire to build a career
- Ability to maintain and manage files
- Share knowledge
- Curiosity and a desire to gain and use knowledge
- Knowledge of woodworking equipment, materials and methods
- Ability to read blueprints