Multimedia Production Specialist II
Earn an Annual Salary Up to $81,889.60
The County of San Bernardino has an exciting and immediate opportunity for a multimedia production specialist with the talent and skills for photojournalism to join our multimedia team and help tell our story.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Earn an Annual Salary Up to $81,889.60
Bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to max salary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Multimedia Production Specialist II are involved in the planning, development, and production of the County Board of Supervisor's live broadcasts, as well as supporting the multimedia needs of the highest levels of County government and related entities. They plan, develop, and produce broadcast quality videos; direct and assist with the transmission of live broadcasts; operate and maintain video, audio, and related equipment; and advise professional and technical staff on effective utilization of audio and visual devices. The current position will serve as the lead animated graphic designer for our production team.
Essential duties include:
- Operate and direct the operation of complex audiovisual (AV) equipment (cameras, microphones, switchers, etc.); edit, duplicate, and store digital video, audio, photo, and electronic presentations (e.g., PowerPoint files) for historical reference.
- Perform set-up of AV equipment (projectors, PA, podiums) and provide operational training for equipment requests; record events using digital photography, and/or basic video/audio principles; film and direct on location for internal and external productions.
- Produce live meetings by operating and controlling multiple cameras, multiple remote videoconferencing sites, capturing and mastering professional quality videos for distribution to internal and external customers, and provides other critical support functions for live meetings.
- Produce multimedia aide such as digital video, audio, photo or PowerPoint(s) for use in public meetings, training sessions, and/or live broadcasts; determine video and audio locations for productions.
- Write and coordinate the preparation of handout material and examinations designed to accompany multimedia programs; design and create basic digital/print media utilizing a combination of off-the-shelf graphics and text/graphic generation programs; create portable media for distribution (DVD, Web, PC formats); provide direct or indirect support for presentation materials (PowerPoint, PDFs).
- Perform routine equipment checks/maintenance; maintain audio, video and photographic equipment, ensuring that repairs and maintenance are done on a timely basis.
- Performs recordkeeping and media cataloging as needed.
- Design and maintain an audio visual library system; requisition, issue, catalogue, control, and store audio visual materials and equipment; evaluate and recommend purchase of new equipment.
- Determine resources necessary for multimedia productions and how they may be obtained; contact individuals to ascertain availability of material supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Work with customers to develop and write scripts for internal and external productions (training and informational); conduct subject matter research in order to collect and determine information most relevant for intended audience; produce and direct complex story-telling videos requiring scripting, multiple scenes, and voice-overs.
- Design and create custom graphics for use in video production, digital animation, digital presentations, and other digital/print communications media; design and create complex digital/print media utilizing a combination of original artwork, stock images, and off-the-shelf graphics.
- Perform equipment troubleshooting of field equipment, studio equipment, teleconferencing equipment and broadcast control room equipment.
- Keep skills current with the latest versions of software, hardware and industry trends, as applicable to performance of assigned duties.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Travel throughout the County is required. Employees will be required to make provisions for transportation and may be required to use personal vehicles (mileage reimbursement is available). At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.
- May be required to work occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays for special events as needed.
Applicants must meet one of the following Qualifying Options listed below.
Option 1 :
Education : A Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in television or film production, multimedia or educational media, communication/liberal arts, photography, business administration or other closely related field.
Experience : Two (2) years of professional, hands-on work experience in a variety of media and video production areas or television production; must include at least one (1) year of recent experience (within the last 5 years) in the production of live broadcasts.
Substitution : Applicants with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may qualify with thirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed college-level coursework from an accredited college or university in television or film production, multimedia or educational media, graphic design, communications, business administration or other closely related field.
Option 2 :
Education : T hirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed college-level coursework from an accredited college or university in television or film production, multimedia or educational media, graphic design, communications, business administration or other closely related field.
Experience : Two (2) years of professional, hands-on work experience gained within San Bernardino County in a variety of media and video production areas or television production; duties must include pre- and post-production videography activities.
The ideal candidate for the current vacancy will possess talent and skills for photojournalism and visual story telling and have experience in planning, scripting and directing of a variety of multimedia productions, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and production techniques.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive experience in creating live, remote and produced broadcast programs
- Excellent filming, production, and editing skills
- Strong studio and field production experience
- Excellent photojournalism, communication, and creative writings skills with the ability to capture images and write content that help to tell compelling stories for San Bernardino County.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and able to prioritize and manage projects to complete urgent requests as well as structured long-term projects
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and work within deadlines
- Proficiency with the following is desired: Apple Motion and Adobe After Effects
Application Procedure : To receive consideration for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application and/or the supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by computer or browser used to submit the application.
Selection Process: The selection process will consist of a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the application and responses to the supplemental questions. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration. Candidates advancing in the selection process will receive further information/instructions via email only.
EEO/ADA: San Bernardino County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
ADA Accommodation: If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.
- Veterans' Preference: Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .