Manager, Product Analytics
Location: New York, New York, United States, 10001
Req ID: 508
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery Digital Media covers a wide array of vertical platforms, including TV Everywhere, OTT, and VOD. Our Digital Analytics team plays an integral role in delivering insights to inform all Digital product and strategy decisions that Discovery takes. Our team is growing quickly, and we're looking for a seasoned Sr. Product Data Analyst that will leverage testing tools to ensure product quality on our growing Digital platforms.
• Create & perform testing on mobile apps and connected devices for analytics tracking and product performance
• Review log files to uncover bugs or product quality issues
• Monitor engagement data and product quality metrics to identify data anomaly and participate in investigation
• Work with product and developers to fix bugs
• Ensure data quality in different systems
• Perform analysis after product launches
• Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
• Minimum 5 years of experience in manual and automated web, mobile and connected device application testing
• Ability to create test cases, capture meaningful logs, review test results, report/document technical issue, and work with developers to help troubleshoot.
• Video player knowledge required.
• Understanding of video and product quality metrics such as video start time, EBVS, etc.
• Proficiency with Debugging Proxy tools: Charles, Fiddler or Wireshark
• Comfortable with command line use (terminal).
• Proficiency with Product quality apps such as Conviva
• Knowledge with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
• Familiar with app distribution platforms: TestFlight and HockeyApp
• Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Comfortable and effective in working in a dynamic and past-paced environment, with the ability to be flexible
• Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.