Journeyman Electrician (FT)
1st Shift (6:00am - 2:30pm; Monday - Friday)
Pay Range: $43.30 - $49.20 per hour
Full Benefit Package:
- Medical (including H.S.A.)
- Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and much more.
Summary: Plans layouts, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of material, provide access for future maintenance, avoids hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit and wiring
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and repairs faulty equipment if necessary
- Write and install programs into PLC's for retrofitting existing machinery
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
- Work with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for work orders, equipment tracking, parts, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Train maintenance personnel
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with electrical equipment: 480/230 3ph, 110 & 24vdc controls, prints and schematics
- Reverse engineers complicated electrical circuits and learns how the circuit operates
- Designs & builds production test equipment to make it robust and reliable for that environment
- Takes ownership of equipment
- PLC programming & PC Programming (Allen Bradley programming experience required)
- HMI programming
- Motion control system design and implementation
- Control hardware design and documentation system design
- Develop electrical schematics and interconnect diagrams
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge.
About Viking Drill & Tool:
Viking Drill & Tool is reputable and growing employee owned manufacturer that has been providing the finest high speed cutting tools since 1951. Quality at Viking Drill begins with the finest tool steel we can buy and ends with the world class products in our catalog. Our cutting tools are designed, engineered and superbly crafted to provide long lasting durability. Our 74,000 square foot St. Paul, Minnesota manufacturing facility is specifically designed for the unique task of efficient high quality cutting tool manufacturing. Consistency is a natural by-product of our experience and dedication to quality. At Viking, skilled machine operators working with the world's finest raw materials have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality products time after time, year after year.