$16.25 per hour
1st, 2nd and 3rd Shift
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Hopper Filler consist of but are not limited to:
- Transport bulk product by operating pallet jack
- Position and load bulk product into hoppers and production equipment
- Perform visual quality check to ensure bulk product is not defective or damaged and that it is the appropriate product for the specified production line.
- Scan product tags to verify correct components and record product information.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure hopper does not run empty.
- Input data into the line menu computer program
- Report any issue to Line Lead or Area/Team Lead
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Monitor and empty dust collection containers
- Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
- Focus on detail of product
- Willingness to work overtime when asked.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Area/Team Lead.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- One or more years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Basic computer skills
- Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
- Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
- Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant
- Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
- Provide post-accident drug screen
- Continuously stand and walk
- Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
- Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
- Occasionally reach above shoulder level
- Frequently carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
- Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
- Continuously be around moving machinery
- Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals
Atlas Staffing is one of the largest locally owned employment agencies in the Twin Cities. We were founded in 1985 and we've grown to multiple locations, covering the entire Twin Cities metro and surrounding areas.