Performs various duties on a crew to assist in doing work on product to get the required finish and detail necessary for delivery to the jobsite. Doing necessary repairs or corrections that meet the Company's quality standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Climbing up and down off the forms, pieces, trailer decks and work platforms
- Carrying materials to perform the work needed on panels, product
- Working with hand tools and power tools such as cut off saws, grinders, drills, etc.
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch
- Operate Company Forklifts (Wells Concrete will train employees without Forklift experience)
- Experience working with concrete, pouring, leveling, and finishing off concrete
***THIS IS A UNION POSITION***
***CONTINGENT ON PASSING A DRUG SCREEN AND PHYSICAL***
***NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED--WILL TRAIN**
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb (onto forms and trailer beds, approximately waist high)
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read pour sheets and set up directions and be able to communicate with other members of the crew
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways (Wells Concrete will train employees without experience)
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Climb up and down from forms, work platforms and trailer beds
- Lifting up to 110 lbs. occasionally
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally
- General math skills and ability to read a tape measure
- High School Diploma or GED
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to production environment
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)