Field and Site Human Resource Manager
Partners with Midwest Division's field and site leadership to help ensure each entity's financial and operational success through providing human resources (HR) services to (a) field operations, including Sealants, (b) the Rosemount, MN plant and (c) the Maple Grove sales and engineering office. The nature of the HR leadership will cover the functional areas listed in the next section.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Officing out of Wells' Maple Grove or Rosemount facility and averaging two days per week at field jobsites, this position's responsibilities include:
- Staffing/Recruiting = Leads the staffing/recruiting of site and field/sealants employees including interviews/assessment, job offers, drug screens, fitness evaluations and new-employee orientation/onboarding. Manages external staffing firms. Partners with Wells' recruiting function on various diversity recruiting initiatives, with a focus on field recruiting efforts.
- Compliance = Ensures employment practices comply with relevant laws and regulations such as the FLSA, the ADA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the National Labor Relations Act, and similar state legislation. Coordinates FMLA process.
- Employee Relations = Helps ensure a positive and productive work environment throughout the field/site. Assists in various matters such as performance management issues, disciplinary action, dispute resolution, investigations, and counseling supervisors and employees. Has primary accountability for policy interpretation, including management of attendance policy.
- Benefits = Provides input on benefits design to Corporate HR. Has primary accountability for field/site benefits communications and proper employee enrollment, set-up and participation. Answers benefits questions and resolves issues which may involve interfacing directly with third party administrators.
- Compensation = Stays abreast of trends relating to competitive pay and benefits to ensure effective employee recruiting and retention. Leads annual review of salary increase and performance management processes; evaluates recommended increases in light of performance ratings. Ensures accurate and timely HRIS input relative to pay changes, job information, attendance, etc.
- Labor Relations = Partners with field/sealants leadership in contract administration, including managing reciprocity agreements and supporting prevailing wage projects. Assists in contract negotiations preparation.
- Company Events = Helps coordinate and communicate any company events to their group of employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- In addition to the education or equivalent experience listed below, four years' HR experience with a unionized plant/field operation with at least 25 non-exempt employees.
- Familiarity of laws and regulations impacting the HR area.
- Ability to utilize MS Excel to categorize and analyze data. Ability to utilize MS Word for basic word processing.
- Driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources management, psychology, or related field. As an alternative to a bachelor's degree, four years' HR experience including in-depth involvement in staffing/recruiting, compliance, employee relations and labor relations.
- Plant environment is a heavy manufacturing operation that includes exposure to noise, dust, and fabricating large concrete products.
- Field environment includes exposure to the elements, erecting large concrete products, and working among heavy equipment.
- Driving personal automobile to jobsites an average of two days per week.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.