GENERAL DESCRIPTION Under oversight Senior Engineer or management, the Engineer is responsible for the design of precast structures and overseeing all aspects of projects to ensure successful and safe outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pursue Professional Engineering licensure.
- Ensures safe structures, safe working conditions, quality products, quality service, and satisfied customers by working with all departments within the Company.
- Interpret Architectural/Structural plans and performs required calculations to ensure structural integrity.
- Oversees a project design team and is accountable for project milestones and the successful deliverable to internal and external customers.
- Identifies potential issues with project schedules and quality and responds with proposed solutions with internal teams.
- Seek advice from senior and peer engineers to aide in unfamiliar designs and responsibilities to find the best solutions.
- Collaborate with internal departments to find optimal solutions.
- Coordinates with Contractors/Engineers/Architects/Owners as required
- Provide sales staff with engineering support for prospect jobs.
- Visits manufacturing facilities and construction sites as required for assigned projects
- Handles concerns and issues as necessary during any phase of the project.
- Needs to make timely, educated decisions based on needs and requirements.
- Prepares appropriate fixes for errors that have occurred on the projects
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Professional Engineering Licensure required.
- Bachelor's degree in civil/structural engineering, or comparable ABET accredited degree.
- 0+ years experience required, and a preference in design engineering in the precast industry
- Interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft office software.
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow project schedules.
- Motivation and self-drive required to complete a task
- Ability to use Revit along with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and other computer software programs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and able to work on more than one project at once
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination for typing, filing, and using office equipment
- Visual acuity and ability to read small print
- Hearing acuity and ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to lift and move office supplies and equipment
- Mobility and ability to move around the office as needed
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)