Desktop Support Technician (FT)
Location: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 per year
Benefits: including but not limited to
- Health (including H.S.A. options)
- Voluntary Life
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Quarterly Profit sharing and attendance bonus
- ESOP shares and more!
Viking Drill & Tool, an Employee-Owned manufacturing plant in St. Paul, MN since 1951 is looking to fill a Desktop Support Technician position. This position will help resolve computer related issues for our internal clients. They will provide assistance and advice regarding computer hardware and software use, capabilities and procedures. They will work both with inside departments and outside vendors to accomplish their objectives.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware and software
- Set up new desktops and laptops for internal end users
- Set up and troubleshoot printer issues
- Maintain and enhance the performance of existing software
- Work with end users to trouble shoot and resolve issues
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Support Android and Windows tablets
- Assist in running cables
- Experience and ability to log and update resolved issues in ticketing system
- Maintain and document computer assets in system
- Provide on-call support as required
- Maintain the confidentiality of information processed
- All other duties as assigned
- 2 year degree in Information Technology or related field
- A minimum of 2 years working experience working in desktop support/help desk support
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Experience with Imaging Windows 10 and 11, supporting Windows XP, 7, 10 and 11
- Experience supporting Office 365
- Some experience working with Windows Active Directory
- Ability to react to critical issues quickly and efficiently.
- Maintaining the position with highest confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
VIKING DRILL & TOOL, INC., located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, has been manufacturing America's Finest High Speed Cutting Tools™ since 1951. We only work with the finest raw material and have the capability of providing our customers with consistent high quality cutting tools. Viking Drill and Tool is committed to delivering quality products, on-time, and at a reasonable price. Our extensive selection of U.S. made tools is designed to give our customer the right tool for whatever tough job they encounter.