WELLS: A CAREER WORTH BUILDING
Wells is one of the largest prefabricated building solution providers with locations across the central U.S., providing meaningful work in many different regions. We are a family-owned company that has celebrated 70 years of success.
At the end of the day, we are a team of creators. Our 1,300 employees across the U.S. play an important role as catalysts, constructors, and community members. They are committed to reducing risk, building confidence, and deliberately planning for partners' success - from vision through construction and beyond.
Every day, more architects, engineers, contractors, developers, and owners specify Wells precast building components for their construction needs and with this continued success, we are looking to hire a Caulking Laborer to join our team. The perfect candidate may have some experience in the sealants and restoration industry but we are willing to train if they do not. This position is a union position and pays between the range of $30.97 - $45.47.
This position is responsible for the installation of sealant, caulking, traffic coating, waterproofing, and firestopping systems on buildings and ramps. This position will travel throughout their region to construction sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety of crew/personnel, including proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Sealing of all precast and concrete joints.
- Accept direction from project foreman.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, swing stages and man lifts at various heights safely.
- Follow direction of the Field Supervisor and foreman and bring any problems to their attention.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to schedule with minimal supervision.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Maintain a clean jobsite and trailer/truck
- Complete special projects as requested and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe jobsite.
- Must carry in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become best-in-class.
- Quality minded.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years prior experience in construction preferred
- Precast concrete and construction site experience preferred
- Possession of a valid driver's license, and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.
- Wet, hot humid, and wintry conditions (weather related).
- Ability to work outside year-round.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs+ occasionally and 50lbs frequently.
- Ability to move around for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, bend, climb, kneel, twist, squat, crawl and use hands/forearms reptitively and frequently.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, swing stages and man lifts at various heights frequently.
** A drug test is required prior to employment. **
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)